Sign my Guestbook 

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's Tuesday morning, the day before I leave and I have more to do in the next 12 hours than usual when I go overseas. This routine is unfamiliar to me because I've never packed for a six month trip. And how can I possibly put all of my life in two large suitcases and a backpack?

I'm feeling a bit blue this morning, truthfully. Yes, I'm excited about what lies ahead, but a bit sad of what I'll miss here. My family, my friends, my dog, my homeplace... This morning I sat and read the paper on the front porch, the one that overlooks the valley and mountain range in the distance and simply enjoyed my last sunrise in East Tennessee for awhile.

I added a couple of elements to the webpage in the upper righthand corner. There you can click on the weblinks and learn general facts about Cambodia from our friends at the CIA and also check out the current weather and satellite pictures.

So I'll sign out for now and sign back on after Wednesday, March 15 when I've landed in Phnom Penh.

No comments: